This policy explains what cookies are and how they are used on The Sofa Man website. We encourage you to read this policy, so you understand what information we collect using cookies.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are used by most websites and are not dangerous to your system. They are small text files that are placed on your computer by the websites that you visit.
Cookies are most commonly used to
- help the website to remember information about your visit, so when you revisit the website, it can customise the experience for you.
- provide the website owner with analytics data to better understand how the website is being used by its visitors.
- support marketing and advertising campaigns.
You can learn more about cookies here: https://cookiesandyou.com/
We use these types of cookies on our website:
These cookies are required to make our website work. Without these cookies, our website won’t function as it should.
Analytical and Performance Cookies
These cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our website visitors use the site, to improve both its functionality and your user experience. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you (such as your name and email), instead they aggregate masses of data to provide information about how our website is performing.
When you are using our site, these cookies remember your preferences and help improve your user experience. These include things like remembering who you are and your browsing and language preferences.
By using our website, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit our website in the future.
You can enable, disable and delete cookies through your browser.
Also note that disabling a cookie or category of cookie will not delete any existing cookies from your system. You will need to do this separately using the Delete Cookies option within your browser. Please refer to your internet browser’s ‘Help’ facility.
- Cloudflare Security: [Cookie name: _cfduid]. Cloudflare is the service we use to make our website secure (HTTPS). This cookie is absolutely necessary for supporting Cloudflare’s security features and cannot be turned off.
Analytical and Performance Cookies
The operator of the Google Analytics component is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, United States.
You can learn more about Google Analytics here: https://www.google.com/analytics/
- Commenter IDs: [Cookie names: comment_author_, comment_author_email_, comment_author_url_] If you leave a comment on our site you may choose to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- Browser Cookie Consent: [Cookie name: wordpress_test_cookie] If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- Login Cookies: [Cookie name: wp_settings, wp_settings_time] If you have an account, when you log in to this site, we will set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. You can learn more about WordPress cookies here.
- Article ID: If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.